Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Log Cabin's Nearly Done

I can see the end in sight! The finishing touches on the cabin are coming together. Let's catch up.

I assembled the ladder / staircase according to the instructions. It's nice. It works out better than steps made from junky plywood in the same design for inexpensive plywood houses.


The windows all have pine trim. I opted not to use the logs as described in the manual. They were too bulky-looking. Instead, I used a thinner 3/8" trim with mitered corners.  These windows are open without plastic or PVC. The front door opening got the same trim.


I assembled and glued the porch trim and posts. I'm still considering the gable peak trim. I'm thinking about changing the facing trim but keeping the cross-timber design so it's matches the porch.


Coming soon, the front door, the fireplace, and stain. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment