I was inspired by sunflowers. We grew some in the garden this year, so they were just outside the back door whenever we looked out. I charted some simple little blocks and tweaked the colors to be sunny. Then, on August first, the first night of football practice, I started my stitching.
After two weeks, I had this much done.
Ten days later, I was up to here. This was a slow stretch, but no giving up. I finished all the yellow, then went back and added the brown. Much more efficient that way.
Then I had all the little fussy little leaves to add. And I lost my favorite needle. I had to buy new needles, two different packs to test them out. All of them pale in comparison to my old needle. Some were too fat, some too short, but all were stamped weird so they were hard to thread. Bummer.
So here is the top. I still need to get some backing fabric and finish it. It's small, not bed size. It's more like a wall-hanging art quilt. It's just a tad too big to be a half-scale quilt. The stitched area is about 3.5" square.
Now, I need to wash it, iron it, cut it out, find some backing fabric, sew it all together, and then it can be done. In the meantime, I'm ready to start another quilt project. It's nice to have a portable project that goes to practice!
Thanks for stopping by, my friends!