Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Littles Live On

My parents have been packing up their house. They are moving.  They stopped by this weekend with a special delivery. My absolute, very first dollhouse ever was a Mattel Littles dollhouse. I got it for Christmas, I think I was 3, give or take a year.


I knew they still had it after all these years. Mom set the bundled-up house on the dining room table. I unwrapped it with help from my daughter, of course. I couldn't believe my eyes. I took very good care it. Nothing was missing. A few wallpaper edges had started to curl, but the house itself was in perfect shape. The only thing wrong was the hinge on the icebox/kitchen sink was broken. The dolls had slightly matted hair, but I figured that's pretty good for being over 30 years old.


Haley immediately introduced the Littles to the Lalaloopsies. Size-wise, they are perfectly interchangeable. I now expect Haley to line up all the Mouse Houses, Lalaloopsy stuff, and Littles to make a full miniature city. Dang, my kids are lucky that I'm such a toy collector!




No comments:

Post a Comment