Friday, April 15, 2016

Cabinet upgrade

Hello, dear readers!

How are all of you? I have not posted here in months, but I'm enjoying popping to other's blogs or seeing what turns up on Pinterest.  Not too long ago, someone in a forum mentioned that Michael's stores had a few miniature items, if you were lucky enough to find them.

I booked it to the closest Michael's a found this simple, naked cabinet. Hooray!


I sanded it a bit to smooth it. I slopped some ivory paint on it to see how it would look.  Not bad, but it was only the base coat. More ivory paint made the inside look clean. 



After that was really good and dry, I combined 3 shades of bright sky blue, robin's egg blue, turquoise, plus more ivory and painted it on muddled and streaky. A few spots got distressed with sandpaper and an Xacto knife. Finally, I took some tulle fabric, spray painted it bronze, then added it to the doors to look like wire mesh. I really love how it turned out.


Now, for some tiny things to go inside, I'm not sure if this will be a kitchen cupboard with vintage foods or a sewing supply cabinet.  Of course, I went back to Michael's hoping to find another one that I could do in pink, but they were all gone. Maybe I'll get lucky next time.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely transformation Jenny! I think that the color you've chosen looks lovely and the idea for spray-painting the tulle with bronze spray paint was Brilliant as it really adds to the interest of this little cupboard. Well done!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete