Friday, November 30, 2012

Log Cabin Roof Installation

I had to do the roof in phases. I started with the larger pieces that fit over the main body of the cabin.


I used my not-so-technical system of clothespins to get it in the right place before applying glue.


I applied wood glue and cinched it down with twine.



Afterwards, I tightened up iffy spots with some Zap-a-gap CA glue with a squirt of setting accelerator.

Later, I did the same process for the front gable roofing.


Then, the porch roof and the porch railing on the sides went up. It's looking pretty good!


Coming soon, the ladder, window trim, the door, and the rest of the porch railing!

1 comment:

  1. looking pretty awesome! I luuuuuuv log cabins ;)

    ReplyDelete