Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Testing the Farmhouse

As you know, I'm almost done with the log cabin. I have been trying to wrap it up and also plan what I'm going to work on next. I have been sort of at a loss for what to do with Haley's dollhouse. To get ideas, I set up the shell on the dining table, secured with masking tape.

I'm positively going to do some kit-bashing. It's a cute house, but not perfect. I'm very much underwhelmed by the front door and tiny window. I swapped walls around, moved them in or out, imagined bigger doors, bigger windows, new walls, different appearances altogether. I'm doing this because where the heck does the bathroom fit in? 


I'm going to need some new, unmilled MDF. And let me tell you, no one around here, *No One*, carries 3/8" smooth MDF in stock. I'm going to have to special order it so I can make my new walls. Too bad I didn't realize I was going to ignore 4 whole walls a long time ago, but *SIGH*, this is just the way I am.


I already bought tons of wallpaper and new doors (see the first pic above where I was testing out if I liked them or not). I'm even going to bash the doors and probably the staircase. This is going to be great!


Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

  1. I love the big rooms...and those smiling faces make it even better!

    ReplyDelete