Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Artist's Studio

Back a long time ago, about 1997, I built a tiny one-room house for my sister. It was a bit quirky because my sister is a bit quirky.  She is the "artsy-fartsy" one, so I made her little house to fit her personality.

This house was created way back when I never took photos of anything I made.  I recently asked Sis if she still had it. Yes! She did! It shows some wear and tear, but that's because it has gotten a lot of love (play time) with her kids.


Inside, I used a preformed tile sheet in black and white check.  The walls were painted bright white and I hand-painted the decorative border near the ceiling.


Outside, the walls were painted yellow with texturizing powder added to the paint to simulate stucco.  I added Tudor-style beams painted purple to add accent and interest.  The window and door (now missing) were painted peacock blue.


The roof  is stained fish scale cedar shingles with purple peak trim.


The door has gone missing. The yard baseboard with the green "grass" (model scenic powder) and brown "planter beds" (tea leaves from opened tea bags) has vanished too. Still, I thought it would be good to feature it here. It was a fun little project and I'm happy that it has been loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment